Looking for the syllabus of Accountancy class 12 of JKBose Board for the 2022-23 Session.
We have discussed the Jammu and Kashmir Board class 12 Accounts syllabus for the 2022-23 session in detail.
Syllabus of Accounts class 12 Jammu and Kashmir Board 2022-23
Let’s discuss the syllabus
Max Marks: 100 (Time 3 Hours)
Theory: 80 Marks
Project Work: Marks 20
Internal: 05 Marks
External: 15 Marks
|Theory||3 Hours||80 Marks|
|Project Work||20 Marks (Internal – 05 Marks) (External – 15 Marks)|
|Part A||Accounting for Partnership Firms and Companies||Marks 60|
|Unit-1||Accounting for Partnership Firms|
A. Fundamentals and Admision of a Partner
B. Retirement and Death of a partner
C. Dissolution of Partnership Firm
|Unit – 2||Accounting for Companies|
A. Accounting for Share Capital
B. Accounting for Debentures
|Part – B|
|Unit – 3||Financial Statement Analysis||Marks 12|
|Unit – 4||Cash Flow Statement||Marks 8|
|Part – C||Project Work|
Project File – 3 Marks
Written Test – 9 Marks (one hour)
Viva-voce – 3 Marks
Part – A: Accounting for partnership firms and companies
Unit-1: Accounting for partnership firms
A. Fundamentals and Admission of a partner
- Partnership features, partnership
- Provision of the Indian partnership Act 1932 in the absence of partnership deed.
- Fixed vs fluctuating capital accounts, preparation of profit and loss appropration account, division of profit among partners.
- Past Adjustments (relating to interest on capitals interest as drawings, salary and profit sharing ratio)
- Goodwill: Nature, factors affecting and methods of valuation, Average profit, super profit, weighted average profit and capitalization of average and super profit.
- Calculation of sacrificing ratio and new profit sharing ratio. Treatment for revaluation of assets and reassessment profits, adjustment of capital accounts and preparation of balance sheet.
B. Retirement and death of a partner.
- Calculation of Gaining ratio and new profit sharing ratio, treatment of goodwill as per AS-26, treatment for revaluation of assets and re-assessment of liabilities, adjustment of accumulated profits and balance sheet, preparatio of loan account of the retiring partner.
- Calculation of deceased partners’ share of profit till the date of death, preparation of deceased partners capital account executors account.
C. Dissolution of Partnership Firm:
- Types of dissolution of a firm, settlement of accounts, preparation of realization account and other related accounts: Capital Accounts of partners, cash/bank account.
Unit – 2 Accounting for Companies
A. Accounting for share capital
- Share and share capital nature and types.
- Disclosure of share capital in company’s balance Sheet.
- Accounting for share capital issue and allotment of equity and preference shares. Public subscription of shares, oversubscription and under subscription of shares, Issue of shares at par, at premium and at discount, calls in advance
and arrears, issue and shares in consideration other than cash, Meaning of private placement of shares, employees stock option, sweat equity shares and right issue.
- Accounting treatment of forfeiture and reissue of shares.
B. Accounting for Debentures
- Issue of debentures at par, at a premium, and at a discount, issue of debenture for consideration other than cash writing off discount and loss on issue of debentures, issue of debentures with terms of redemption.
- Issue of debentures as collateral security journal entries for interest and debentures.
- Sources of redemption of debentures out of profit, out of capital, and creation of debenture redemption reserve.
- Methods of redemption Lump-sum method, draw of lots purchase in open market and conversion into equity shares and new debentures.
Part – B:
Unit-3 Financial Statement Analysis:
- Financial Statement of company preparation of simple Balance Sheet of a company in the prescribed form as per schedule III to the Companies Act 2013, with major headings only.
- Financials statement analysis meaning, significance, limitations.
- Accounting ratios, meaning, and objectives.
Types of Ratios:-
Liquidity Ratios – Current Ratio, Liquid Ratio.
Solvency Ratios – Debt to equity, Proprietary Ratio.
Total Assets to Debt Ratio
Activity Ratio:- Inventory turnover ratio, debtors turnover ratio, working capital turnover.
Profitability Ratio:- Gross Profit Ratio, Net Profit Ratio, Operating Ratio, Operating Net Profit Ratio, Return on investment.
Unit – 4: Cash Flow Statement
- Meaning, Objective and preparations of cash flow statement (as per AS3 revised) (Indirect Method only)
- Adjustment relating to deprecation, profit or loss on sale of assets, dividend and tax.
Part – C: Project Work
- Project file – 3 marks
- Written Test – 9 Marks (One hour)
- Viva-voca – 3 marks